Back to Home
Lisem believes that his psychic powers come from something he calls the miagenetic field. He refers to the physical psychic powers as miasma, and the people who can control it as miagenetic espers. Looking at it from a scientist’s point out view like Erik, this is equivilant to psiwave physicality. This is a pain in the ass to say so most people just call em psychics.
There’s 4 main types of psychics:
- -Pink type psychics which mainly deal in distortion- physical, like portals, or time, like stopping time or seeing the future (Xerus).
- -Orange type psychics deal in actual constructs, Lupi’s abilities to cover up spooky holes and make physical things like chairs and stuff, or he and his sister’s abilities to instantly teleport their body mass away. Like any type of psychic power though Lisem was able to see this and copy it
- -Yellow type psychics can do things like read minds and influence thoughts, Erik is a shit psychic but he can read people’s emotions but he can only really do it when he’s drunk, and he doesn’t know he’s doing it. Alex could hook people up across long distances and transfer their thoughts to each other instantaneously (bell states?)
- -Blue type psychics are the rarest and pretty much the most powerful because they have the ability to selectively choose which psiwaves they want, so they can sort of create outcomes, but they can’t predict them.
Pink and Blue psychics are traditionally opposites because if you had the ability to predict the future and create the future you’d become almost impossible to stop. Most psychics can copy simple abilities, but constructs can copy almost any ability from any other psychic. It’s really hard to develop new psychic abilities because most psychics just see the miagenetic field physically, whereas the way it actually works is very math-intense and not intuitive at all with what it can do. If you want to develop an entirely new skill, you either learn it by seeing how someone else does it, or you put in hours and hours into developing a mathematical formula to figure out what you can do and then you translate that into physicality.
- 1668- Xerus’ birth.
- 1675 (July 16)- Erik’s birth.
- 1686- Xerus starts college. He majors in news writing and reporting.
- 1687- Creation of Xerus's Assassin group, in their sophomore year of college. Each member has specific psychic powers- Alex has psychic links and can communicate with anybody from anywhere, and can connect people to each other (yellow). Karen has the power to immobilize or control people, stopping their muscles and body functions (blue). Faraday has the ability to create illusions and control people’s emotions (orange), though her preferred method is poison. Xerus can create psychic constructs (pink), but his real power is the ability to see into the future, and to portal people to their asassination destinations. While Karen and Faraday were the ones on the main line, Xerus would occasionally go out and perform them, though he mostly preferred to stay on support.
- 1688- (Sept 1)- Lisem’s birth. Xerus struggles to raise a child, while everybody else in the group pitches in. (L 9, X 21)
- 1690- Alex joins the family, Xerus dedicated himself to taking care of Lisem, Karen sticks around for a little bit before fading into the background and Faraday stays in their outer spheres. Riots rage throughout UUS due to the murders carried out by many conflicting assassin groups at the time. ( L 12, X 23, E16) (nov)- Erik joins the F’nyek army as a weapons developer. Lisem starts paying attention to politics.
- 1690- start of the 5 year war, due to political riots and assassinations. Lisem becomes the speaker for the rebellion, as he wants to help influence positive change in the country.(L 12, E 17)
- 1693- After speeding through high school, Lisem starts college. Xerus's assassin group disbands after Alex’s death. Lisem takes two months to process, before ordering the deaths of 3 politicians. His rise to power shifts from authenticity to deceit. Everybody in erik’s division is enlisted due to lack of available fighters. With a strong background in physics and great hand/eye coordination, the black magnolias takes notice, and Erik’s death is faked and he joins them. (L13, X25)
- 1694- The UUS (Urousadian) king is assassinated, performed by Lisem. Hearing of the assasination, Xerus and Lisem have a fight, and start drifting apart. (L14, X26, E18)
- 1695- (Sept 1) Apus Independence. (L 15) Soon after, Lisem is officially elected. Xerus starts hibernation. Sara and Jess are brought on as support staff- Sara to facilitate paychecks and budgets for sections of the government as well as the PM support department, and Jess to help facilitate the creation of a better legal system from the previous one.
- 1696- Nyem and Carl are brought on as Lisem’s college work increases and he can’t micromanage the military and trade policies.
- 1697- End of the 5 year war. Lisem graduates with a law degree and an international business degree. Ty is brought on because everyone’s computers keep breaking and Lisem becomes tired of fixing them. (L 17)
- (june) - Erik is assigned the job of watching over Lisem, aiding him when necessary but keeping him away from the discovery of the organization and reporting his activities to the organization. He starts working as Lisem’s right hand man.
- 1699- The events of chapter 1 and forward. Current year (L19, E24, X 31)